So many unanswered questions but not to worry! Season 2 of the Family Man web series is set to release on Prime Video on June 4.
The Family Man Review And All The Burning Questions About It
Main Developments in The Family Man Season 1
- Srikant Tiwari (Manoj Bajpayee) is an intelligence officer for the Threat Analysis and Surveillance Cell (TASC), a fictitious branch of the National Investigation Agency (NIA). The season opens up with the three ISIS operatives being captured. A terrorist named Moosa surrenders to TCAS.
- A bomb explosion near Kala Ghoda spurs the TCAS into an investigation. ISIS uses Karim, a student from Victoria college, as a red herring to throw TCAS off their track. It is revealed Sajid, another student from the same college, is the actual culprit behind the bombing.
- Meanwhile, Moosa escapes TCAS in a bloody attack and it is shown that he is one of the top ISIS agents known as Al Qatil. Moosa’s plan is to recreate the Bhopal Gas Tragedy in New Delhi under the name ‘Mission Zulfiqar’. He travels to Srinagar for this.
- Srikant suspects his wife Suchitra of having an affair. He is also transferred to Srinagar to catch a key terrorist sleeper agent. Mission Zulfiqar is shortly revealed to TCAS. The Indian army captures all canisters of nerve gas.
- Moosa comes up with another plan for the attack. Although Moosa surrenders at his mother’s request, he is killed by Sajid. However, the gas starts leaking due to building pressure, and ultimately a container bursts. The show ends on a cliffhanger.
Questions that need to be addressed in The Family Man Web Series Season 2
- “Is Moosa really dead?” is a question the fans can’t stop thinking about. Will there be two villains, Moosa and Raji (played by Samantha) for season 2?
- How is Delhi? The canister exploded in the Season 1 finale. So what finally happened to Delhi?
- How is Srikant’s marriage? Will he finally get his family life together or does he continue down the same path?
- Why has he abandoned the risk of fieldwork with a boring desk job, as seen in the Season 2 trailer?
- Did TCAS agents Zoya and Milind survive in the chemical plant? In the season finale, they are unable to reach Srikant. While Milind is shot, Zoya screams for help. They are also absent from the season 2 trailer.
The Family Man Season 2 caught up in controversy
The Tamil Nadu government has written a letter to I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar, urging him to halt the release of Season 2 as the show “depicts the Eelam Tamils in a highly objectionable manner.” They are also unhappy with Tamil actress Samantha playing a terrorist and mentioned that “it is an attack on the pride of Tamils.”
— சீமான் (@SeemanOfficial) May 21, 2021
What burning questions do you have about the show? Let us know in the comments!
Images: The Family Man/Prime video
- Why should you watch Hostel Daze Season 2 | Cast & Crew, Release Date
- The Tomorrow War Movie Review 2021 (How Does The Tomorrow War End?)
- Shershaah Release Date Is Finally Announced
- 7 Cringey Yet Exciting Indian Dating Shows To Watch